____` .something higher, something better

>> Tuesday, April 15, 2008
4/15/2008 09:34:00 AM

Just on Sunday at 7.45am worship, I realized how my focus has gone a little messed up from all the busyness and the work and whatnot. It’s been a pretty hectic six weeks but I’m thankful that I am coming out of it pretty ok so far (as for the 3 and a half years, I won’t think about it as yet).

It’s like as we were singing “I adore”. God just showed me a glimpse of His greatness. The universe is at His feet, the stars light the sky for Him. It’s an awesome God we worship. A God so great that even the most majestic and wonderful of things give Him praise. I was reminded that that’s what I was made for- to give Him praise. My primary purpose- to bring Him praise in everything that I do. It was like God telling me that above all that’s happening, keep up with the praises.

It struck me that I was just focusing on the situations happening around me, not completely forgetting about God but just forgetting the fact that I should in every situation give Him praise first. So that’s what I decided to do.

I used to wonder how people can write songs that sound like questions. Think “how great is our God”, “how great You are”. Call this an occupational hazard but anything starting with these 5 Wives, 1 Husband thingys is supposed to be questions. But I realized that it’s almost like rhetoric. How great is our God? Does anyone really know? Yeah, we know our God is great, our God is big, strong and mighty. We don’t deny. We can’t. But how great is great? That we don’t know. That’s the awesomeness of God. So great so mighty, so awesome so wonderful. Simply indescribable.

And looking back, yeah, Sunday's songs did have that theme of worship- about how God deserves the “highest praise”, and that “my soul MUST sing”, and how God’s wonder leaves us amazed, but in all it’s His greatness that we can never comprehend. That greatness we will and must sing about because there’s no limit and no end, but there’ll always be more to come.

That's how wonderful our God is.


>> PSYKDELIC

a gorgeous foursome.
#1, #2, #3, #4.
don't mess with us.

>> undying love

STEAM-A-BOAT
youth camp!
weekends
bubble tea aka po-po-chi.
playing ball... wheee!

>> talk it up


>> link up

aaron
andrew
audrey
caleb
denise
desiree
divinia
dwayne
hannah
JAMS
jaykay
joe ho
jon poh
josh lim
june
laura
lisi
lydia
nelson
norris
ps chad
philbert
rachelle
ryan
sara
theodora
vene.#3
wonderwomen
XYQyouth

>> credits

Texture: tre-xture
Image host: photobucket
lyrics: Only one - Hillsong
Brushes: I II III IV
Design: kriss
Host: blogger