____` .something higher, something better
>> Tuesday, July 04, 2006
7/04/2006 09:27:00 PM
#1... I miss Cebu!
And i know #2 and #4 do too...
The street kids still remembered us from last year! It's really a wonder how just seeing them for 2 days a week last year can leave such an impression from you.
It's like meeting your old friends all over again. The other night when Julita jumped on me, i didnt even recognise her until #2 pointed her out. So i momentarily pulled her away to see if it really was her. And it was (although i took awhile to recognise her). I had to ask to make sure. "Julita?" I asked and she did that eyebrow thingy. Then i asked again, "Julita?!" and the eyebrows went up again. And i was like "JULITA!!!" And she grabbed me with those thin arms real tight. It felt like she just got reunited with her old friend. Haha. I was just as overjoyed to see her again.
Then the rest of the street kids came running and started to get all over me and #2. In our pockets, and maybe just for me, my s----s... Haha. Ask #2. That was like the MOST tiring night of our Cebu 2006 experience. And a good, tiring one at that.
Yupz. But all good things have to come to an end. Here we are, all back in Singapore. Clean air, less insane traffic, and (spoiled) kids. Oh well.